The Jewish Community of Lausanne and the Canton of Vaud (CILV) is a religious association headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is founded in accordance with Article 60 and the Swiss Civil Code, and is recognized as an institution of public interest as difined Article 171 of the Constitution Vaudoise. The CILV is a member of the Swiss Federation of Israelite Communities (FSCI) and CICAD.
- To contribute to the maintenance of religious and spiritual life in accordance with the principles of Judaism (Halacha).
- To safeguard and defend Jewish interests.
- To celebrate Judiasm, uphold religious practices, ensure religious instruction, and arrange for Jewish burials.
- To create and support all social and religious institutions relating to Judiasm.
- To participate in inter-religious dialogue.
Our community is historically a traditional community of Ashkenazic rite, 600 families strong, with rich and diverse backgrounds.
By browsing our website you will discover a large part of our community organization. As a member you can request a personal access code which will enable you to see all the pages on our site.
We hope you enjoy this website.
Mr. Alain Schauder – President of the CILV